Well, I went and ran the Ragnar race over the Wasatch Back. It was a 188 mile race. We had a team of 12 women. Each of us ran 3 legs over a day, a night and a day continuously. I will post pics and more details later. However, after running my first leg(which I ran really hard and kicked butt and passed 4 people), I got really sick and threw up a lot of blood. It was black, which was good, but we were worried that I might throw up red blood, and that would be a life or death situaion! I ended up walking/jogging my 2nd leg(which I probably shouldn't have done) of 7.7 miles. I was not able to do my last leg which was 4 miles of 8% grade hill. It is called ragnar hill and I was really pumped to conquer it. I cried a lot, but realized that my husband and 3 kids at home were more important to me than anything. Anyway, I got home and had a scope early Monday morning. It was not good. I found out that I have a hiatal hernia, an umbilical heria, some ulcers and red streaks across my stomach that bleed. All of these problems are from pregnancy. I have had a lot of pain with acid indigestion since before Gavin was born, but I had no idea how serious it was. I'm so thankful that we were able to catch everything now before I ended up with cancer or worse. I am on some really strong medicines that are working. I still have pain, but it is so much better. I will probably have to have surgery on the hernias and I am on a really strict diet because so many foods make me hurt and feel nauseated. I am really thankful that the Lord provided a way for me to know the severity of my condition. I know he loves me and is watching out for me. I am so thankful for good health, not just for myself, but for my entire family and extended family. We have had some really sad things happen in our community recently that make me realize how small my trials really are. I'm so thankful for my beautiful husband and children and for the chance I have to be on this earth to experience joys and sorrows and to learn from my mistakes(which are many). Most of all I'm thankful for my Savior who provided a way for me to return to Him. He suffered for me and bears my griefs and sorrows. I'm so thankful to be alive. It truly is a wonderful life!!
11 comments:
Well I hope that you continue to feel better and if you need ANYTHING let me know.
Wow, when Aaron was here last weekend he told us about u throwing up blood but didn't know it was so bad. So glad you're feeling better. I agree with you strongly that the Lord always knows what's best and lets us know of dangers! So glad you found out how bad it was and took care of it!
Shannon! So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, but I'm so glad that they were able to catch it! Hope you start feeling 100% soon!
How sad shannon! You will be in our prayers. So glad you caught it now. Miss you guys!
I'm so grateful you didn't have any more serious complications during the race and that you were able to find out what was wrong! Isn't it amazing how the Lord helps us recognize dangers! I hope you start feeling better and that all goes well with your surgery and continued recovery. Take it easy (I know, hard for you!) I want you to be around for my many visits back to Monticello - even when we're old and wrinkly! Love you so much!
NO,NO, NO, Shannon, I don't want you to be that sick :(, I wish it was me and not you. I am so worried about you. I am so grateful your mom is there. If you didn't have her, i would fly down and take care of you, which I can still do. I can take care of the kids while you rest. Shannon you are like a big sister to me. Well you are a big sister to me. My heart is breaking that you have to go through this. I am so grateful it was caught early. I am going to pray and fast for you, and if it gets worse I am coming there!!!! Also I don't know if I told you but when we got married brandon had the same things happen except it was his colon, and the blood was black (good thing) he bled for 2 weeks with out saying anything. He got scoped and found a lot of red lessions, and a lot of ulcers. Short story he has ulceritive colitis and has to have a colonoscopy every year, or if he bleeds. He has a 800 X more chance of getting colon cancer then a normal person. I am so grateful Heavenly Father brought it to our attention when he was 23. He is on a special diet, and meds too. I know yours is way way way more serious. But I kinda have a small feeling of what it is like worrying about more blood (everyday), losing my husband to cancer, watching him and making sure he doesn't stress too much, or eats right. I am sure Brad feels that way. You are in my prayers - and I am going to call you. Please take it easy. I have always looked up to you, and wanted and still wanted to be just like you. Please, Please take it easy, it is so important now. Let me know the latest please. I love you so much girl. Tell Brad we are praying for him too. also can you email me your phone number?
Love you
Hetal
I love you girl, take it easy, glad your starting to feel better. oh good job kicking butt on your first leg!!
Wow, Shannon. I am sorry you are so sick. I too am glad you caught everything early. You have such a great perspective though. I'll bet this experience snapped things into focus really quickly. And you know, our trip plans are still up in the air, and crazy, and it sounds like you won't be feeling too hot next month! Maybe I will just call you when we are there, and we will see you next time for sure. We miss you guys a lot. You are in our prayers. Give Bronson and Avery loves for us, and squeeze Gavin's juicy legs! He is so cute!
Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad it was caught before it got worse. Get well soon!
That is so scary, I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Hope we get to see you in a couple weeks for the reunion.
I am so sorry you were sick! I wish I had known you were doing the Wasatch bACK WE have our restaurant in Huntsville and I was there all day watching teams running and stuff...glad you got things taken care of.
Post a Comment