Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A morning conversation and a haircut

Curtis, our 3 year old next door neighbor, came over at 8 am today. I was on the couch in my robe and heard the whole thing. Here is how the conversation went.
Curtis: Can you come to my house?
Avery: I have to get dressed and eat breakfast.
Curtis: O.K. Avery, why is your hair like that?
Avery: no answer, just a blank stare
Avery: What did you eat for breakfast?
Curtis: no answer, just a blank stare.
Avery: pankcakes? waffles? cereal?
Curtis: no answer
Avery: bugers?! (giggling)
Curtis: NO! Toast, eggs, and potatoes
Avery: mmm...
Curtis: Well, I have to go to my house to go poo.
Avery: laughs and closes the door.
Hahaha! This was a great way to start the day, don't you think?!
Avery has been begging me to get a haircut for some time now. I finally submitted, much to Brad's chagrin. It turned out so cute though. She loves it too. Brad's used to it now too, so all is well!! I was a bit nervous cutting 6 inches off, but here it is.


9 comments:

Jonathonandaudrey said...

She looks adorable! Very cute!

kitty said...

What a doll. Did you cut it yourself? If you did, I am so impressed - I can hardly manage a straight trim. I did the same thing with one of my kiddos. The short hair was SO cute, but it drove me crazy because I had to blow dry and round brush it every day or it didn't look so great. I've decided - long hair is easier. Hey, I was thinking - Avery is such a beautiful girl and she photographs so well - you should pop her in some of the dresses you made for your boutique! I bet some pictures of her in all your cute skirts would provide good visuals of how they fit. Take care

joce

Kelly said...

Kids are funny! I loved her long hair! But short is adorable on her too! She's a cutie no matter what!!

Lonni said...

I love it! What a cutie! Did you have Sid cut it or did you do it?

Darren and Chrissy said...

Holy stinkin smokes Shannon, she looks so cute! You did a great job!

Nate and Brooke said...

You amaze me!!! Wow good job super mom, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Corrine said...

her hair cut looks great...and that conversation is so funny KIDS :)

S&J Jones Family said...

Her hair is SO cute! You have such beautiful children :)

Shane and Michelle said...

very funny exchange!! Her hair looks adorable!!