Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Yard

So how come nobody told me how hard it was to keep a yard looking nice?? We have done a lot of tree trimming, dethatching, mowing, dirt digging and planning lately. Our yard looks better, but we're not even close to being done. Not to mention the expense: lawnmower, tiller, trimmer, shovels of all sizes, brooms and rakes, yard furniture, potting soil, flowers, seeds, watering can, etc, etc. Aaaah, it's crazy and nobody warned me so I'm mad! JK. We're having fun working in the yard as a family. I'll post some pics soon.

7 comments:

The Buts said...

What a buzz-kill. We feel awful. we totally agree, we should've told you. poor Quinnie has to work in the yard instead of motorcycle. what a bummer, eh?

rogersinkc said...

Its always been said that any landscaping project will cost you more than you originally intended. We ripped out the entire front planter garden to replace everything. For some stupid reason the builders put in all plants that need full sun and with our north facing house, it never gets any! Filling it now with shade perennials.

Kelly said...

I'm sure it's been pricey!...Any kind of fixing up cost money..but I'm sure it will look great!!! Sorry we didn't get to see you guys. It was a quick trip. We will be there in a few weeks for Nicole's doctors appt.

Cat said...

oh but it is so fun too!! I love working in the yard. once I get out there at least lol. and its a great family activity. Good luck with your yard!

kitty said...

It is pretty tough to swallow yard expenses. However, once you have those things - you have em! Know what I mean? Besides, though the work can be overwhelming, there is so much joy at the end of the season when you walk around the yard at sunset and admire your improvements. It's like Pres. Uchtdorf said - women love to create..... and find joy in it. A blossoming yard can do just that - give you the opportunity to create. Good luck

ps. Don't buy a tiller - tell your hubby that his buff arms and a shovel are better than any mechanical device! :) ha ha ha

Shane and Michelle said...

Exactly! We bought a house with a finished yard just for that reason. Look forward to seeing pictures!!

S&J Jones Family said...

Yes...owning a house PERIOD is a lot of neverending work, work work! We have a lot of yardwork to get done too.