Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pioneer Day

We had such a fun Pioneer Day. So much of our extended family came for the celebrations of our little town. We enjoyed the parade, yummy food in the park and a picnic with family, a nap, lots of visiting with family, baseball games, party for Avery and her cousin, fireworks and more baseball. What a day!

Gavin is ready for candy!

Gavin wanted to get candy and Bronson and Avery wanted to be in the parade with my Dad for his business float. When they passed by Gavin had to hop in!

 Bronson had a blast with his cousins
 Gavin found this dog at the park and wouldn't leave its side! He kept begging me to bring it home with us.
 Avery and I
Me and my Dad

I can't express how grateful I am for my cousin Ronnie who just returned home from Iraq. I saw him for the first time since he'd been back and when I hugged him I couldn't hold back my tears. What a sacrifice he made leaving his pregnant wife and 2 year old son. He came home safe to a beautiful new daughter. So glad he is home!

4 comments:

Shanda said...

There is something special about a community that celebrates pioneer day! Our stake had a fun Pioneer day and i LOVED it! I grew up in a community that celebrated pioneer day & Independence day so it was so much fun to have a ward/stake that did the same thing! Your summer looks like it was AWESOME! I need to go to Idaho/Utah next summer so we can have fun outside! Your children are growing up so beautifully! You have such a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Oh Pioneer Day in Monticello! That definitely brings back a lot of memories. Your kids are so cute.

Sandra said...

Thats so great that you could spend Pioneer day with family! Gotta love parades and candy :)

Kelly said...

Sad we missed the cello festives! You look pretty!