We have had some beautiful stunning skies around here lately. These two photos I took right out our front door. When I see this rainbow it makes me think of the promise of how the Lord has saved the Earth from ever being flooded. I also think of the cleansing effect rain has on the land and how our Savior's Atonement can cleanse each one of us if we allow it too. I have lots of people who have helped "save" me in different ways. I'm reminded of this love letter I wrote to my sweet husband so I thought I would share:
My Darling Love,
Tonight you came rushing in the door after being at the hospital for many long hours. You walked right up to me and we hugged each other. I got such a rush of excitement just to have you home. You had come just for a quick bite to eat and to see me in your tiny window before you had to return to save more lives. I loved getting you a plate of my delicious(I must say) homemade chicken fajitas and rice and canned peaches with cream. The kids and I had already eaten and they were watching a movie so I got spoiled by getting you all to myself. You told me about how you had helped saved a dying man’s life and I was of course amazed as I always am.
After you left again to the ER for another surgery I started thinking about how you are always saving ME. When I’m having one of those days where I can’t even stand to look at myself in the mirror because of the mess I am, you still think I’m beautiful. When the house is a disaster and I haven’t gotten dinner on the table you don’t say a word but ask if I need any help. Even when I’m mad at you and feeling and acting like a mad woman you are in the background watching out for me and waiting for me to come back to your side. Just today you saved me from myself when I felt my world was coming crashing down. You kissed me so tenderly until all my concerns somehow literally just melted away- it was like magic really. You are the perfect husband for me and the perfect Daddy for our kids. You are our fresh air. Every night you save me just for being there next to me with your warm arms around me and your saving hands holding me.
I love you,
3 comments:
:) its the best thing in the world!! It is such a relief just to be wrapped up in your lovers arms. its a beautiful letter shannon.
What a sweet letter! You guys are sure an awesome couple and I look up to you both and am grateful for the relationships we have! Thanks so much for stayin here! It's always so good to catch up with you! I love u lots!
you back?! Not private? It's good to read your updates!
Post a Comment