Thursday, August 7, 2008

A visit from Mom

Mom came to Kansas and we had such a wonderful time with her. We went to the Farmstead, the Hallmark Crown Center and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. It was very hot and humid while she was here, but we managed a trip to Shawnee Mission park and the pool. We wished she could have stayed longer. She is such a great grandma and we'll miss her! She even bought the kids some of their school clothes. I was proud of her for trying sushi for the first time! Thanks for everything Mom.
The Deanna Rose Farmstead was a lot of fun.Right before Brad snapped this he said, "Let's get a family picture of you three!" Yeah, he's rude. I just love this picture of Mom and Avery.
Mom took the kids on a hayride!The pool was nice and relaxing even though Brad kept trying to hit me with one of those squishy balls full of water.
We decided to go to clown day at the crown center. We had a blast!
Brad took Mom on a date! They went to see a show at the Coterie Theatre. Mom LOVED it.

Mom and I. I guess you could say I'm her favorite daughter since she only has one! I'm so thankful for our special bond.

Here we are at the Cheesecake Factory. This was Mom's first time eating here. Of course, it was delicious. She even bought us some cheesecake to bring home. Yummy!!
Oh my, what a handsome couple.
Good-bye til next time!!

13 comments:

Darren and Chrissy said...

Brad, you need to get your eyes checked! :) Shannon and her mom should have taken a family picture next to a bunch of chicks, or a fox, or a hot tamale! Shannon, you and your mom are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for bringing her to my party. She was so gracious and I was so glad to meet her!

KT said...

your mom looks just like she did when we were in high school, of course her clothing is not, but wow she looks so great! How lucky to have her visit! That must be quite the trip for her to get there!

Floyd Family said...

What a fun visit. I'm glad you had some special time together!

Corrine said...

what gorgeous pictures and people! are you doing something with your photography? amazing eye...glad you had fun with your mom.

Shannon said...

Hi Corinne,
I use a program you can download called picasa. You can do some cool things like soft focus, sepia, cropping, black and white, etc.

ranlar said...

boy did i have a great time with you guys. you treated me like a queen and i'll never forget this fun visit. i miss you already! love mom

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with your mom! She is a lot of fun! She told us you guys are going to cello in Sept for Bronson's baptism. We're so bumbed cause Chad has to work. He gets a whole week off and never once do we get lucky when stuff is going on. Hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Shane and Michelle said...

Hey Shannon, It looks like you had a great time with your mom! I'll bet you are sooo excited to get back to Monticello!! I think you are going to love being back home! I love these pictures of your mom. Did you do her hair? It looks cute!!

Thanks for the photography tip, One of these days, when I get a little time, I'll have to download the program. I'd like to turn some of my photos into black and white.

Shannon said...

Hi Michelle,
I'm excited about moving to Monticello, and I'm not. I will miss so many things I have grown to love about lifestyle in the city as I'm sure you understand! Brad's job is 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, so we will be able to travel a lot. That will help. Good luck with picasa. I really love the program. It doesn't take much time at all.

Shane and Michelle said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I agree, there will be things you miss but nothing is set in stone. We thought we'd be in Monticello forever but the Lord had different plans for us. It's amazing how things work out. You'll love being close to both your parents! One of the places you'll have to visit when you start traveling is Las Cruces, NM! We would love it! :)

S&J Jones Family said...

Now we know where you get your beauty! Thanks for teaching class for me on Sunday! It looks like you guys had fun while your mom was here!

mags said...

You're moving home? I still think of it as home, probably always will. Part of me thinks that MOnticello would be a perfect place to raise our kids, and part of me has now come to really love target!

Joe and LeiAnn said...

I'm really sympathizing with you about moving to Monticello. I didn't realize how attached I was to being able to shop for whatever I wanted when I wanted. Moses Lake boasts one Wal-Mart...and that's IT! It is really incredible to be so close to family though. Are you guys building a house, or are you buying something there?