Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Responsible children

I was up several times with the baby last night and was exhausted. So, I woke up very, very late today... 8am. Yikes! We leave to take Bronson to school at 8:05. However, when I came out of my bedroom Bronson had taken Gavin out of his cradle(his cradle is in the living room for now as we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and there is no room in our bedroom) and both he and Avery were quietly playing with him. They were all as happy as could be. Bronson was all ready for school and had eaten breakfast and gotten breakfast for Avery(they know how to get their own cereal and make eggs in the microwave). My first thought was, "I must be the worst mother on the planet!" But then, I realized how happy I should be to have raised self sufficient children who know how to take responsibility for themselves. This thought made me feel much better, however... I think I better set my alarm from now on!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

MY GOODNESS, That is fabulous! You really do have wonderful children!

KT said...

Looks like you are a super great mom! They love you so much they decided to give you a break! I am sure you helped your mom a lot when you had little siblings too. Very impressive!

S&J Jones Family said...

I wish James would make breakfast for himself and Baer...gosh, what's up with that?? Just kidding. I think that's awesome! You are a good Mom and it sounds like you have some great kids!

Shane and Michelle said...

Hey, just know that your not alone! We didn't go to bed until 3am and were up at 7am. Your children are all going to be solid citizens when they grow up! All the daytime activities and sleepless nights will be worth it in the end! Gavin is adorable. He sure is getting big!

Michelle said...

Shannon you are an amazing mom! Your children are wonderful, independent and love you very much.
What's your secret? ;)

Lisa said...

I want your secret too!!

ranlar said...

Yeah-what's your secret? My boys still don't do that and they're 16 and 18!! JK You do have fantastic kids, but I'm their nana, I think they're two of nine perfect kiddies.