Monday, October 19, 2009

The Poopoo Incident!

I have been recovering from surgery this last week. I had an umbilical hernia which developed during Gavin's pregnancy. There was some fat stuck in it(gross I know, and thank you Michelle for telling me to eat less potato chips!), so it was necessary for me to have it removed. It hurt too so I'm glad it's gone forever. Being layed up makes me appreciate my health and strength. Brad has been so great to help out with many of my chores and taking care of the kids. It's kind of nice sitting in a chair and having stuff brought to you and having your kids come up to you and tenderly say, "Mom can I get you anything?" Boy have I been spoiled. I think I'll drag it out as long as I can. Haha! Last night I think Brad had about had it though. My stitches almost burst from my laughter at the incident, however. All the kids were getting ready for bed and Brad had just changed Gavin's diaper. I could hear him talking to Gavin about going poopoo in the potty(he is in early potty training and has his own new potty). So I guess he didn't put his diaper on thinking he would go in the potty. But Gavin took off upstairs butt naked to play, unbeknownst to Brad. It if were me I wouldn't have let him out of my sight because I know what will happen. Anyway, 10 minutes go by and Avery comes running downstairs to tell me that Gavin has pooed in Bronson's room. I couldn't help but smile as I sat in my comfy chair which I wasn't about to get out of to go clean up poop. So I tell Avery to go tell Daddy! Pretty soon I hear Brad upstairs saying things like, "Oh my gosh, what the...., Gavey why would you do this, we go poopoo potty, this is ridiculous!" By now I am laughing so hard it seriously hurts but I can't stop. So he cleans it up and comes downstairs with this utterly disgusted look on his face and says, "I'm going to bed."
I will remember this for a long time!!

12 comments:

rogersinkc said...

Thank goodness for mothers! :-)

Kelly said...

Lol! Oh poor Brad! Hope you recover soon!

Michelle said...

That's hilarious! I hope you recover fast!

Nate and Brooke said...

Well, I bet it will make brad appreciate you even a little more. It's quite the process to potty train!! Good luck

allgirls said...

That is so funny! I love it when dads get to share in some of the "fun" If you need anything while you recover, please let me know! My girls have been wanting to play with your kids so maybe I could come get all of them after school one day this week so you can rest :) Let me know! I know my girls and I would love it...

Shane and Michelle said...

LMAO

Shane and Michelle said...

just in case you were wondering, that means "Laugh my behind off!" :)

Shanda said...

That was a great story!!!

The Hoyt's said...

I hope you recover quickly! That is a pretty funny story I am afraid that if the same thing happened in my house the mess would sit until I was well enough to clean it up. I love your new family pics, your house, and looking at all the fun things you make. We miss you here in KS!

The Jacks said...

So are you back to feeling like yourself yet? Let me know and we can get together. I didn't want to overwhelm you with my crew! I love the kitchen, very warm. You have to come check out mine, we went in opposite directions as far as color goes, kind of funny.

KT said...

Hah so funny! Men rarely get that blessed opportunity. Good for you letting him experience it :) I think that is one of the best ways for them to empathize with you when it happens (hopefully it doesn't) again.

Kelly said...

Hey Shannon! We took Nicole into the clinic here on Friday and had a doctor examine her and he said she has an ear infection, croup, and bronchitis. She is on medication and is doing a lot better! I was worried it was the swine flu because my mom called the day I got home from Monticello last week and said my little brother had it so Dr. Raey, who examined Derek wanted Randy and Laura to bring down some Tamiflu for Nicole. She had a fever last Sunday but it went down the next morning but she was still coughing so I took her in to the clinic. Thank goodness it wasn't the swine flu! Chad and I were pretty worried:)Hope your doing good and have no sick little ones!