My mom is truly an elect lady. She always had patience and understanding. She was comforting and a good listener. I remember coming home from school one day very upset because I was the smallest girl in my class. She took me into her arms and rocked me in the rocking chair and told me that someday all those girls would be jealous of me because I was smaller than them! She always knew how to make me feel better about my insecurities. When I was disqualified from my state cross country race for accidentally false starting, she was the ONLY person I wanted to see or talk to about it. I remember her embrace as I walked in the door late that night, and she broke down crying with me. She truly bore my burdens too because of her charity.
She taught me how to respect her and others. There was a time during my teenage years when I thought she was stupid and I knew more than she did. I remember mouthing off to her one day, and she slapped me right in the face. It was the only time she had EVER done that, so I knew how wrong I had been. After that, I always remembered to have respect for her, and she would give me respect too. We went shopping together for my junior prom dress. We were in a little shop in the mall and overheard a mother and daughter fighting. We looked at each other in deep gratitude that we were friends and knew how to respect one another.
She always has time for me, even now. She makes the sacrifice to get on a plane and spend the money and time to come and see me. She loves my children and spends time with them. She is one of the most unselfish persons I have ever known.
Mom taught me to stand for truth and righteousness. She taught me how to forgive others. She taught me about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through her example, she taught me how to be a good mother. She never worked outside the home all the years we were little children. I'm eternally grateful for her sacrifices in my behalf. What a truly elect lady, my Mother, my friend.
1 comment:
You and Laura are both amazing women and are lucky to have each other!
Post a Comment