Saturday, May 24, 2008

Brad Graduated!

He did it!! Brad graduated on May 17th with his Masters in Nurse Anesthesia. We had a wonderful weekend. It feels so great to be done with school.. FOREVER! At the hooding ceremony we learned that Brad received a prestigious award which was voted on by all the Anesthesiologists and CRNA professors at KUMed. It is the clinical excellence award. He received $750.00, and was the only person in his class to receive it! I am so proud of him for all of his accomplishments.



Here he is after receiving his diploma.

Here's Brad with Gavin. He got to come to the Hooding ceremony!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

CONGRATS!!
That is so awesome, he's been going to school for a long time! We're happy for your family!! Even happier that you guys will be moving to Monticello and will be so close! We can finally hang out and get to know each other better!

Shane and Michelle said...

What a great accomplishment! We are so impressed with the committment and dedication you guys have had in finishing this degree. Not surprisingly, Brad has been a standout amongst his peers in earning various honors and awards over the last several years. We know that you guys will be very successful and we couldn't be more happy for you! Your future patients will be fortunate to have YOU caring for them. Congratulations!

Kelly said...

“It is a tough road that leads to the heights of greatness.”
I thought of this quote when i saw you and brad in the picture. Im sure it hasnt been easy, you guys have been a great example of dedication and hard work. This must be such an exciting time for your family. Congratulations
chad

Lisa said...

Congratulations, you guys! I bet that feels so good!

Shane and Michelle said...

Shannon, I was visiting Kelly & Chad's blog and noticed you commented on the picture of Kelly's hair cut... something about YOU cutting your hair? How short are you going to cut it? My brain has become very fogged up over this. See, I love your long hair! It's so pretty. You look like a barbie doll! Don't cut it?!

Well, if you do decide to chop it off, I'm sure it will look fabulous. Have you thought about donating your lovely locks if you cut it?

Kelly said...

Shannon how do you make your posts so cute? Do you make a scrapbook page then scan it or do you use a website?

Darren and Chrissy said...

Congratulations!!! Such an awesome feeling this must be for you. This brings mixed feelings for us because we know you will be moving soon--it has been great to have friends like you!

Kelly said...

My email is kellybutler25@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Michelle said...

Congrats Brad!

Michelle said...

Congrats Brad!

brooke allred said...

Congrats Brad!! Chance said it was good to see you guys out there. I am glad he took some personal time...he works too hard while he is gone!I hope if he goes back I can come too!

S&J Jones Family said...

Yay, Congratulations to you ALL because I know that it is an accomplishment not only for him but for all of his support system as well! That's exciting and I'm a little jealous ;)

KT said...

Wow congratulations to both of you! Shannon you sacrificed tonz to help him get through and Brad this is so exciting for you! You guys did so great getting through all that school and three children too! I am so happy for your family!

Joe and LeiAnn said...

Congratulations! I know you had to work incredibly hard to get to this point, and you should be really proud of your accomplishments. I'm not at all surprised to hear about Brad's award; I'm sure he deserves that and more. Good luck in the real world! P.S. Shannon, I love your dress!