We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. We went to the Celebration at the Station. The Kansas City Orchestra gave a free concert and afterwards there were fireworks. There were 45,000 people there this year. The only living veteran from World War I was there and he received a 5 minute standing ovation from the entire crowd! It was an emotional moment for me and many others. He is from Missouri and joined the military when he was just 16 years old. This event provides a good opportunity for us as parents to teach our kids about honoring those who sacrifice their lives for our country, and how grateful we must be to live in this land.
3 comments:
How fun! I love how Avery poses...:)
That looks like it was a lot of fun! I love orchestra music! What a cute family!
Kansas looks like a great place to live with lots of fun things to do! I too love how Avery poses! She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment