Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentines Weekend and a Getaway

Mr. Handsome snuck away from surgery for a bit on Valentine's Day to eat lunch with me. I was really excited about it! He's such a sweetheart.

Gavin had fun getting his Valentines ready. I didn't get pictures of my other kids doing theirs but they had fun. There were lots of parties and it was just a really fun filled day.

Great Grandma gave us each a homemade valentine!

I made these chocolate cream filled strawberries for all my friends and family. They were really yummy!

I made my family a Valentines dinner that consisted of a slow cooked beef tenderloin, green beans and creamy twice baked potatoes. It was a fun day and I love that I got to spend it with the people I love!


Mr. Handsome had an anesthesia conference to attend in Salt Lake City, so we decided to make a fun weekend for just the two of us. It started off with a visit to Lyndi's basketball game. She's an assistant coach for a HS team. It was fun to see her and watch her girls play. They won!

We did some shopping in Orem and headed to Tuscany restaurant in Salt Lake. If you have never eaten there you must try it out. The atmosphere is really romantic and the food was amazing.

This chandelier was really pretty





While Mr. Handsome had his conference I ran some errands and spent some time at City Creek Shopping Center in downtown Salt Lake. That place amazes me. It was fun to be by myself and browse around. My love met up with me that evening and I showed him around the shopping center and then we had dinner together at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a much needed getaway and we both enjoyed it!!


We stayed at Little America Hotel. I love it because it has an antique feel.




No comments: