Avery had a huge dance competition at Thanksgiving Point. It was her first time ever doing a solo on stage for judges!! She(and I) were incredibly nervous and excited. She took 2nd place with 29.1 points. First place is 29.2 points. She was only a tenth of a point away from first place! We were so proud of her. It was nice to get the judges sheets so we can see how we need to improve and where we stand against other competitors. I had so much fun getting her ready and being by her side and cheering her on!
Ready to go!!!
The car ride on the way to the competition... Can you see in my eyes that I am just as excited and NERVOUS as Ave?!
finishing up some last minute makeup
Ready to DANCE!!
Almost her turn to go back stage
She nailed her back walk over and leg extension and her expressions were awesome
The judges all said they loved her costume and her smile. She needed to not bend her knees on her russian move.
All done and giving Daddy a big hug!
Went out for ice cream and lunch to take the pressure off of waiting for results
waiting on the stage for results...
SO proud of our baby girl at her first solo competition!
The next day, Avery and I were able to go to my sister in law, Tori's, baby shower. Too bad we had to leave because of a storm coming and needing to get on the road for home before getting a picture. At least I have this cute one of her and my other two sister in laws. Love them!
Time to go home after breakfast at IHOP!!

1 comment:
it was good to see you even if it was super short. we missed you guys at dinner..next time! glad you and brad could get away for vday!
Post a Comment