Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ouray and Telluride Getaway!

Mr. Handsome and I went on a getaway to Ouray and Telluride in Colorado. It was so incredible! We loved spending time together. We only went for a night. It's only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where we live. I can't wait until we can go back and do that again. We want to take our kids over next time.
Click on this link to read about the amazing Ouray! 







Had to visit the chocolate shop! Delicious. I make my own handmade and dipped chocolates so I never pass up the chance to go to a chocolate shop. I think I almost love looking at them more than eating them.... nope I take that back!!


We rode the tram in Telluride

Beautiful drive over

We visited Box Canon Waterfall and it was incredible. It formed when the rushing waters of Canyon Creek eroded a deep and narrow box canyon through fault weakened limestone. The roaring water is the force of millions of gallons ricocheting off a mix of rugged rock and smoothly eroded Cambian rock. It rushes 80 feet to the bottom. The force can provide enough energy for the whole town of Ouray! It's loud and misty and dark... very cool!





We stayed at this adorable bed and breakfast called the China Clipper Inn. It has been expertly restored. There was a hot tub just below our room where we enjoyed some company of another couple just traveling through.





Mr. Handsome... tall and dark and muscly and kind and smart.... so MY thing! LOVE him.

Gorgeous waterfall we hiked to








The views are so breathtaking. These pictures don't do justice.

Our drive over the mountain to Telluride was amazing, but we took the wrong road. We took a road so dangerous that only ATV's and jeeps are supposed to go on it. We realized that only about an hour into our trek when our car couldn't go any further! So, we had to turn around and go all the way back. We loved it though! Telluride was so much fun. We ate at a pizza restaurant that was to die for! It was called Brown Dog pizza. They had the best deep dish pizza we have ever eaten.








3 comments:

kitty said...

Holy Smokes girl. You just keep posting. I guess that's what happens when you check out of blogging for... like.... nine months! :)

Funny though, I am a person that likes to start at the very beginning, so yesterday I scrolled back a couple pages to read your new posts from the last to the first. I got as far as your amazing Mexico trip and then experienced interruptions. Good thing I did. Any more envy coming from me would have been detrimental.

Honestly. I laid awake in bed last night thinking. First..... when in the blazes will Trev and I be able to take a vacation like that? It shouldn't have to take more than 13 years to become a reality. Secondly, How lucky are you that you live close to your parents and have someone that loves you and is eager to watch your children for you so that you CAN take a trip like that. Third. How in the heck is it that you look magazine cover good in a bikini after having three children??? This just confirms my theory that life is totally unfair. And, I must have to learn gratitude and patience in a very severe way. HA HA HA

Of course I made sure that Trev realized that he missed out big time when he missed out on you. Instead, he gets to snuggle up next to cottage cheese legs and a misshapen belly button. HA

So, I'd love to keep reading and posting comments, but my kids are about to get off the bus - chaos is calling. I will come back tomorrow.

As far as buck hunting goes...... I am entirely sick of missing out on the fun. Guys like to hunt with their buddies, so I am thinking about starting up my own ladies hunt. :) Are you in???

Shannon said...

Hahaha! Just start saving your money right now. It won't take as long as you think! Drop your kids off at one of your parents then fly to Florida from there. You can do it!!! And Trev didn't miss out on a darn thing that's for sure. You are amazing!

Shannon said...

Oh and I am so in for a girls hunt!!! Who said we can't take care of ourselves in the woods?!