You will need to pause my blog music on the right.
We are playing a traditional Russian Folk Song called, "Russian Sailor Dance."
I love playing piano duets with my kids. They are progressing really well with their piano studies. I also just went to their parent teacher conferences and found out they are both one of the top students in their classes. Bronson has A's in every subject. One of his percentages was 109%! Avery is already doing what 1st graders are supposed to do by the end of the 2011 school year. So proud of them both! I know I am bragging, but that's what blogs are for, right?!
I have made it a goal of mine as a mother, to teach my kids about each of the Founding Fathers and the principles on which our country was built. We recently read a book together about George Washington. Did you know he designed the capitol building, but never lived in it?! He was a great man and we hope we can meet him someday and shake his hand and thank him for what he did for our country. I have read two great books recently. If you want an amazing read about some of the history of the beginnings of our country and the great men who started it all read, "The 5,000 Year Leap" by Cleon Skousen. Another great one is, "A Thomas Jefferson Education." Amazing books!!


5 comments:
Great Job on the duet you two! It's so fun to see Bronson's progress. Make sure you tell him that chicks dig it when a guy can play the piano. Which is precisely why I made Trev perform in one of my recitals! Awesomely Hilarious!
Do you teach them piano? I started teaching my kids but I stopped after Danika started up Violin. It gets tough to keep up with everything. The duet was great!
When I home Schooled my kids I used Thomas Jefferson Education. It was great! I think it is sooo important to teach our children America's history. Our kid's attend a charter school that has a lot of focus on that. Oh and I love the duet! Congrats on the good grades too!
Hey Chica!
I didn't know you read the TJEd book! I think you have the first edition. You should check out the 2nd revised edition. I think it has quite a bit of updated material. There's also Leadership Education and the TJEd Home Companion. You'll have to call me so we can chat about your readings.
I love you!
P.s. I soooo wished we lived near each other so you could teach my kids piano. Sigh.....
I love those books too! We use the Thomas Jefferson Education philosophy in our homeschool. I also love the Leadership Education book, it really helped me with the 'how to' of helping my kids get that kind of education. There is so much to learn, it is fun to learn together with my kids. You look gorgeous as always, it is so fun to read your blog!
Post a Comment