Brons had an awesome Jr. Jazz Basketball season. He improved a lot and had a good time. Brad was his coach and did a phenomenal job with the boys. Bronson was very proud that his Dad was the coach! I even got to coach one of the practises, but he didn't seem too proud of that, in fact I think he was a little embarassed... oh well! I've included a couple of short clips of his playing. He was one of the high point shooters every game. He even made a 3 pointer one game. His dribbling is amazing for his age and Brad feels he gets a lot of concepts that should be way over his head. So I'm really proud of him for his hard work.
I go a little crazy in the stands. I'm one of those Moms who is shouting and on the edge of my seat the whole time. The competitiveness is just in my blood I guess. I have to tell myself constantly, "it's just little kids ball". Brons has the competitive streak in him too. A couple of games he was very disappointed in himself for small mistakes. Brad and I really worked on helping him realize that some mistakes are going to happen and you just have to move on and do your best. I'm glad he's learning some good life skills from playing ball too!
At the end of the season we took the whole team out for pizza. It was a good time. Hopefully we can coach next year too!
On a different note.... I went and played ball with my friends last Friday morning. Dragging my booty out of bed at 5:45am wasn't so much fun, but once I got there it was! I even had 10 points, but whose keeping track? Sweet! We won't talk about all the times I threw the ball away though. It was a good workout. Man I'm out of shape!!
4 comments:
Bronson sounds like an awesome little player! That's cool you guys coached! My dad coached one year and I loved it!! Even cooler Shannon that you went and played! Chad and I go on Tuesday and Thursday nights here at the school! It's fun! Every night after we get done playing Chad always says "that's it I'm done, bball just isn't my thing" lol! but the next time it's bball night he has a hard time not going:) He's getting better! I think he does great for a wrestler!!
Good job Bronson! And Shannon you couldn't be out of shape with all the running and sledding off of rooftops you do!
Shane
Good job Bronson! Aw, so great that you get to be entirely involved in Bronsons' basketball season. I bet he is loving every minute of it.
Shannon - You can't possibly be out of shape. I don't believe it for one minute.10 points in the first game is proof in the pudding!
Your blog is sooo cute! I found it on shalisa's hope you don't mind!! You are amazing!! Thanks for letting Tepaynga come and play the other day!! She had a great time!
Post a Comment