Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School

My kids will definitely be the most handsome at school today!! Bronson got the teacher he wanted and is so excited to start 3rd grade. He rode his bike today, but didn't want to wear his helmet because it would mess his hair up! I made him wear it anyway. He didn't want to pose for me so I only got this one picture. He is so darn cute!!
Avery starts kindergarten this year. I cannot believe she is already old enough for school. She had her backpack ready and school clothes on by 8:30 this morning. She had to get undressed for her bath. After breakfast she asked me literally every 5 minutes if it was time to go yet. She rode her bike too. Gavin and I walked with her. I almost cried a couple times before I left her classroom, but thank goodness I didn't. The tears flowed freely though on my walk back home without her by my side. I know I have prepared her and she is ready, but it is still hard to welcome this new chapter in her life.

Brad gave both the kids father's blessings last night and I made them a huge dinner with marinated grilled turkey breast, rolls, peas, fresh strawberries and seasoned potatoe wedges. We had brownies and milk for dessert. We ate outside in our backyard as a family. I think these things helped comfort them for their big day. We love you so much and good luck little ones!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shane and Michelle said...

Shannon you are a great mom! Avery is such a special, adorable, little lady. :) She told me about your trip up to provo to get new school clothes for her. She said a babysitter with the last name of 'Bird' watched her while you were gone, but that "the babysitter wasn't actually a real bird, that it is just her last name." haha, so precious!! I hope she has a good school year.