Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Prom- Star Crossed Lovers


Brad and I went to the prom last night! I know what you're thinking... what weirdos. My brother Adam danced promenade. He asked a girl named Jenna who has down syndrome. It was so cute to watch him dance with her. I got teary eyed at least twice. Adam is such a good person. He is the student body president at MHS. I have had several of the faculty tell me how Adam has been the best president in the history of the school! He is such a hard worker and truly cares about others. Jenna is such a sweet and special girl. She looked so pretty in her dress. It was something Adam just wanted to do. I am so proud of him and I'm excited to see what his future will bring. I did not bring my camera, but I will post some of the pictures my Mom took when I get them from her.

On a different note... Brad and I had so much fun dancing the night away. Brad only embarassed me a few times with his dance moves!! He had me giggling and laughing the entire time. This is so totally cheesy, but he was whispering in my ear and kissing me the whole time. I loved it. I love him so much and I'm so thankful for what an amazing person, husband and father he is. He sacrifices so much for our family every day. If he's not saving someone's life at the hospital he's here at home being our hero. He has worked so hard on our home and made it so nice. He has been hauling 15 gallon buckets of dirt up stairs from under the house in a storage area because he wants to build the kids a fun play area under there complete with carpet, race track, tv/video, play house and fun painted walls! He constantly has my best interest at heart and he is so wonderful! I love you honey.

6 comments:

Nate and Brooke said...

I think this is the first comment I have ever made on any blogg. I usually just leave the blogging stuff to brookie, but when I got home tonight from walmart brooke told me I had to come over and read this post about adam. When I did it truly amazed me. What a studd. He excells in sports, he excells in music, he excells in academics, he excells in church, and many other things. But most of all he really truly cares about other people. This one kind act is one of many that defines adam as the person he is, Christ Like. I wish that I could look back and say that I had done something like that back in High School. Adam is someone we should all look up to in so many ways. The best way for me to explain how I really feel about my little brother is, "What a Stud"....

The Buts said...

This story of Adam really shows who he is. Adam has always been a special person. I can't imagine being half as mature as Adam as a senoir in high school. I have a lot of respect for him. I, like Shanny, am excited to see who/what he will become in the future. Way to go Adam man!
....On a different note. Junoir prom? Seriously Shannon.... your junior prom was like 20 years ago. You have got to let it go! High school is over for you. You are too old now. j/k I am just making myself laugh as I write this. love ya, quinn

Shane and Michelle said...

Shananagins, this is michelle. That is pretty darn cheesy hate to say it...ha ha J/K, no honestly, I love this post!! What a wonderful husband and father you have been blessed with! And there is no time like the present to express your feelings! I agree that it's the little things that go along way in a marriage!
Adam really is remarkable in many ways. He is very obedient and stays true to himself no matter what the cost and that is so rare to find in our youth these days. What a great role model and leader!

kitty said...

Shannon,

I know you guys moved to Utah - but where? It looks like you are closer to the southern part of the state. Did you grow up south of Provo? It sounds like your mom/family are near to you. I'm jealous that you are soaking up warm weather and camping already!! I am seriously counting down to warmer weather - not to mention getting our baby here!! Looks like you guys are having as much fun as possible. Love it!

joce

Shane and Michelle said...

I must have missed the first picture (of Adam) when you first posted this. Adam looks so nice. He is so handsome!

Lonni said...

What a sweet brother you have! And thank you guys so much for helping with the kids last weekend. Your guys are so amazing. We look forward to spending more time with you and your family.