Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Visit to Monticello

We headed to Utah last Friday. In January, we are moving to a sleepy little mountain town called Monticello. It sits right beneath the absolutely beautiful Abajo Mountains. We were able to drive up and see all the changing leaves. It was breathtaking. We're excited to live near family once again. Bronson and I were very impressed after visiting the Elementary school and eating lunch. Monticello Elementary School received a rating of 7 out of 10 on greatschools.net, which is very impressive. Just to compare, the school we attend here in KS received an 8 and is one of the top schools in the nation! We got to meet the principle and his new teacher. In additon to all of this we were able to find a house we really like. Hopefully we'll be able to get a loan for it! The highlight of our trip was Bronson's baptism. So many family members came to see him. We can't thank everyone enough for coming. We know the sacrifice it was for everyone and we're so grateful to you all.
This was a really gorgeous spot.







I'll trade this for being near a mall or wal-mart anyday!! Plus, my kids and husband are in HEAVEN here. The mountain provides such an amazing retreat. I'll miss the city, but it's worth it in so many ways.
Shan enjoying a cookie.
Bronson had 14 cousins at his baptism!
Me with all my adorable sister in laws. I wish I would have had more time to talk with each one of them.
Brad being, well, Brad!
Mom, Dad and Aaron enjoying a marshmallow roast.


Avery with Duke and Lucky.
Bronson with cousin Halle. These two loved spending time together!
Gavin



7 comments:

Annita said...

Beautiful pictures! We can't wait to see you and your family again...it has been a very long time.
Tony and Annita

Shane and Michelle said...

Yeah, we didn't get enough pictures of all of us sisters did we? it might have helped if I would have taken a shower at least ONCe during that trip to Cello... You should see me now, I'm all dressed to kill, bangs back, headng over to a Farm Bureau banquet with Shane. Next time we'll have to take lots of pictures of us all dressed up in our dresses. They would make for nice photos.

So Shannon, are you _______________ again ??????????

Darren and Chrissy said...

well, I can totally see how you are excited to move back. I don't blame you! The beautiful mountains and all of your family! I will cry buckets when you do of course......now I will lay off the guilt trip. I am excited for you!

Lonni said...

WOW! I miss it! We are never in Monticello for Fall. I forgot how beautiful it is. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Shane and Michelle said...

I love the pictures you captured here. I completely agree that the surrounding area is one of the most beautiful places on earth. On our way back from our trip to Europe, we took a ton of pictures of the land from Moab to Monticello.

Jackie Jones said...

That is deffinetly my comfort zone right there. I miss the Montana! That looks like a ton of fun!

kim said...

UMMM..Where is the horse head?????