My friends and I went to a Nicholas Sparks book signing for his new book The Lucky One. He talked about his life and his books. His book Nights in Rodanthe is a new movie. We were able to get a picture with him, which was really fun. While he was signing our books we asked him if he would meet us for Cheesecake afterwards. He kindly declined. I can't figure out why! The Cheesecake was yummy without him though. I haven't finished the book yet. It was a fun night.

Carolyn, me, Kim
For FHE this week we took the kids to see a signing by Laura Numeroff. She wrote the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Her new book is If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. She talked to the kids about never giving up. We did a dance to a silly song and then we all ate a delicious cupcake(seriously the yummiest cupcake I've ever had!). It was a fun time.

7 comments:
We just ordered that book from scholastic! :-)
How fun. So sweet to take your kids to a book signing too.
What a cool FHE! We just ordered that book too. We can't wait for u guys to move to Monticello. We won't be up there anytime soon, but at least when we do go we'll get to see you guys!
how fun for all of you! maybe someday you can come stand in line for my book signing...nicolas sparks is so much younger than i thought!
That is so cool! My kids love the "If you give a mouse a cookie" book. What a neat idea. You have been to a lot of book signings lately! BTW, congrats to Bronson on his touchdown. I would have LOVED to have seen that! Go Bronson!
I miss all the fun things you guys did! Looks like a good time for everyone!
This is a great activity and looks like a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment