Brad and I have been training really hard for this 10k. We have not only been running but also lifting weights. I have also been adding a lot of speed work and that has helped improve my time a lot. This was our first 10k race ever! What a beautiful day it was for a race. It started at the famous, Newspaper Rock, in Canyonlands. I was freezing cold before it started and until about mile 3 of the race! Brad said it was perfect for him. The scenic views are awesome though, and we are both so glad we ran!
Brad did awesome and I was so proud of him for running. He was just 47 seconds behind me. He placed 19th out of 76 runners. I placed 17th and took 2nd in my age division. My time was 48:24. That's about a 7.7 minute/mile. I had to stop running two weeks prior to the race due to bad knees, so my time was slower than I would have liked, but I was still happy with how I did. It was fun to train and run a race with my husband!
The whole group ready to start!
So ready to do this thing!!
I'm right in the middle, second row back.
What a gorgeous place to run!
My sister in law Kelly and her twin sister also ran the race. They both did awesome. Kelly was about 4 minutes ahead of me. She also placed 2nd in her age division. Keri finished seconds before Brad. We are looking sweaty, but happy to be done!
Brad and I
Mom(she did awesome and took 3rd in her age division!), Me, Kelly, Kelly's Mom, Keri(Kelly's sister), Ami(Kelly's sister)
Bronson had a super game this Saturday. He had a touchdown and caught the ball for another point. He also had a 55 yard run and another 5 yard run! Needless to say we were sad we missed it, but are very proud of our tough football player! They beat Blanding 33-0. Their record is now 7-0!!
Bronson had a super game this Saturday. He had a touchdown and caught the ball for another point. He also had a 55 yard run and another 5 yard run! Needless to say we were sad we missed it, but are very proud of our tough football player! They beat Blanding 33-0. Their record is now 7-0!!

6 comments:
Way to go you guys!
Way to go!!!!
Nice job on the race! What a woman! I think Saturday would work, we were thinking of going camping Friday, but we would be back Saturday around noon if we go. Let us know what time works for you.
You both are super fast! Way to go!
It was so much fun running with you!
Nice times! All of you!
Post a Comment