Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!




We met at my parent's house for cake and ice cream for my Dad's birthday. I am so grateful to have a Dad like mine! He taught all of us solid gospel principles and how to work hard. We had a lot of fun too. I remember going camping, hiking, riding 4 wheelers and motorcycles, and having fun cookouts. A highlight memory for me was when he bought 2 tickets to a Yanni concert in Salt Lake City. I was going to BYU and he suprised me and took me to the concert. I loved it so much and I still have the tickets to this day! He spends a lot of time with my kids now too. Bronson was able to work with him a lot this summer, and I know he was teaching him how to work hard. All my kids just love him. He takes them for rides on his motorcycle all the time. When Brad and I were poor college students he would constantly sneak us money when he would come to visit. He would take us shopping and buy us cartfuls of food and things we needed. He has served in many church callings faithfully. He was in the Bishopric either as a counselor or the Bishop while I was in High School. I don't remember ever having him sit by us during sacrament meeting because he was always up on the stand! He has served in the Stake Presidency and is now High Priest Group Leader. Every one of his 7 sons have served missions, and all of his 6 kids who have gotten married were married in the temple. Now that speaks mountains!! Here's to a great man, my Dad! We love you Dad.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lonni said...

What a great guy! Hope he had a good birthday.