Friday, January 22, 2010

The Youngs on the news!!

Yep, that's right, we were on ksl news last night and this morning. After shoveling 3 feet of snow off the roof yesterday, we decided to sled off into the snow banks just 2 feet below the edge of the roof! We had a blast. Lyndi took some pictures and sent one in to the news. I guess we're famous now. We looked it up on ksl.com and to our dismay the news guy said, "Well, you have to wonder about the state of mind of a parent who lets their child go up on the roof, but...!" Can you believe that!! He must be one of those boring parents. Oh well, it's cool anyway.


Here's some videos and pictures of the crazy snowfall here.

The kids have a lot of fun in the sleigh.


How many of you Moms out there have ever gone sledding off a roof?! Now I can say I have.

7 comments:

Scott and Haley said...

It is crazy! I am the same as you, I don't remember the last time we had this much. It is wonderful. Why to go sledding off the roof. I love the sliegh

rogersinkc said...

THAT is hilarious! I'm glad all our snow is gone now. I can actually see our whole lawn now. I'm praying we don't get anymore all winter. :-)

Shalisa Hazleton said...

That does sound like a lot of fun! Apparently, this guy who talked about you on the news didn't know that the snow is about 2 feet from the roof! Your state of mind is fine.

Shane and Michelle said...

Way to go Shannon! That looked like a kick. And I'm affraid the news guy is accurate about your state of mind. Though not because you let your kids slide off the roof. That was cool!
Shane

LaRose Crew said...

I begged my hub to let us sled off the roof today after seeing your great parental example - he said no way :( I think he knows my boys would be OOControl!

Shane and Michelle said...

I agree with Shalisa, easy for the news critic to judge...these are desperate times!lol Your red sleigh looks so fun!

Jackie Jones said...

What a putz to say that...he must've been a boring person. It doesn't even look dangerous...looks like FUN!