Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kinda sad, but true....

Our family does not have a family motto. There. Now I have confessed. So I'm looking for some inspiration. If your family has a motto, please share it with me. I need to come up with one for our family. Thanks!!!

6 comments:

kitty said...

We don't have one either. If anyone should feel bad about not having one,it's me - especially considering my mother in law has taught parenting classes in BOise for 14 years and always encourages families to do that.

I justified my way out of needing one..... so I can't pass on a good motto but I can pass on some pretty good excuses for not coming up with one!!!

( My sister in law's is "I can do hard things" or "We can do hard things" something like that.)

Michelle said...

We have a family scripture... ask it shall be given, seek ye shall find, knock it shall be opened. we have it on a tile in our livingroom.

S&J Jones Family said...

Be there or be square! I'd much rather be there than be a square. :D We don't have a family motto either.

Lonni said...

We have a word...Build. We use it for eveything we do~ Build eachother, Build our eternal family, Build our minds in school, Build the Kingdom of God, Build our talents, Build a home with the spirit, ect. We have it all over our house. It was so perfect when the kids learned the Primary song "I am a Builder"! If the kids are fighting I will just say the word "build" and they start thinking. I would like to have a family motto though. Maybe we will come up with one now...Thanks for the post!

Darren and Chrissy said...

Of course you do. It's "Forever Young." :)

The Jacks said...

Tyler started this for our family, in Brazil he learned a phrase "vida e boa" it means "Life is good" He ends all of his journal entries with it, and I have gotten in the habit of it too. It's a reminder of how blessed we really are, and to never fall into the habit of thinking we do not have enough. You have an awesome family, Please share when you come up with something:)