Bronson and I had a great time at the Father & Son Campout. However, there was a major thunderstorm during the night with lots of wind and rain. The thunder and lightning were right on top of us and I could not sleep. Bronson was snoring through the whole thing. I do not know how he didn't wake-up. We slept in the back of my truck under the hard cover. I had bungied down the tarp really well before bed and it is a good thing. We stayed dry and warm but others weren't so lucky. When we climbed out of our bed the next morining there were very few campers left. Most had packed up camp sometime during the night and headed home. The majority of the people who stayed had abandoned their tents to "sleep" in their vehicles during the night. I know I will never forget this father & sons!
After the campout, Bronson and I went and watched KU play Baylor. The game was delayed for 2 hours because of lightning, but as you can see the sun came out and it was perfect football weather. KU won big and we had a great time! KU is now 5-0. Go Jayhawks!

1 comment:
We were wondering if you guys were gonna stay dry!! Bronson--only awesome dads know how to stay dry in a rainstorm!! Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment