Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dinner Club, Carving Pumpkins, Halloween Night and Decor

We had a crazy chaotic weekend, but it was also a ton of fun! I didn't get a lot of good pictures, but they'll have to do.
Friday afternoon we had a practise for our primary program and then fed the kids pizza after it was over. Friday night I hosted a Halloween Party for our dinner club. It was a total blast. I made 3 soups from scratch and rolls for the party. The soups were: loaded baked potato, broccoli cheese, and minestroni. I made everyone go on a crazy scavenger hunt around town. I also gave prizes for the best costumes. So fun!
Saturday we went and did our family pictures and then went straight to the ward chili cookoff and trunk or treat. The chili's were really good. I started the tradition last year because I was the activities chairman. I was really happy to see they want to keep doing it every year. They even handed down the golden ladle for the winner I spray painted last year!
Sunday was our primary program and the kids did a great job on their parts. I also was in charge of sharing time, so I was happy to get home and relax a little.
Monday I was in charge of Avery's Halloween party for her class and I made a treat for Bronson's class. The Halloween carnival was after that. Bronson was an army guy. Uncle Aaron did his face paint and it looked really awesome. Avery was a punk rocker. Gavin was a pirate. The kids had a blast playing games and eating dinner at the school. Then, we went trick or treating. Got home around 10. Phew! So glad that is all over!!
I got a new stake calling last night. Yikes! I will tell you what it is later.




With Nana at the trunk or treat

 Bronson's pumpkin
 Avery's pumpkin
 Gavin's pumpkin.
When Gavin stuck his hand inside the pumpkin to get the "guts" out he immediately started dry heaving! It was so funny. Needless to say I had to finish for him.
We roasted the seeds from our pumpkins and they are delicious!

 My front porch Halloween decor

Dinner club


 My soups. There were a lot left over so we have been eating soup all week!
 One of the things on the scavenger hunt list: Get in a shopping cart at the grocery store and get a picture taken in front of the bananas!
Another requirement: Get on the old abandoned tractor and get a picture!
Hope you all had great Halloween weekend
I took down all my Halloween decor and am looking forward to Thanksgiving. What pies should I make this year?......

6 comments:

kitty said...

That is a busy schedule! Holy Smokes.

I think Avery is the cutest punk rocker I have ever seen. And could your mom be any cuter??!! Honestly....she's a doll.

Don't think I could fit in a grocery cart. But sounds like a fun party!

Happy Harvest!

Katie said...

looks like so much fun! glad that you had a blast!

Lonni said...

What a fun, crazy busy week you had! The kid's all look great in their costumes. The soups sound amazing too...can't wait to find out about your calling! Post soon!!

Andy & Tori said...

What a fun halloween!! you guys sure did make the best out of the month.Looks like your party turned out a blask

kitty said...

I just have to tell you that you are such a stinker for suggesting that Lancome 45 dollar foundation!

Sampling it this week. Love it! Gosh darn it!

Bridger Elementary PTA said...

Your mom looks soooooo young! Looks like lots of fun!