Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pioneer Day


Pioneer Day is a really fun celebration in our little town. We enjoy a parade, vendors in the park, tractor pull, baseball games, boxing matches and fireworks. Brad and I were in charge of the float for our ward. We won "Best Overall Float"! I also made some signs for Bronson's float for his baseball team. Later in the day I decided to support our boys basketball team and I enjoyed my first ever boxing match! Yep, you heard me right. I actually got in the ring and boxed. It was totally awesome. I lost, but I am blaming it on the fact the girl I boxed was 10 years younger, taller and bigger. Ha ha! I am crazy, but it was so worth it. One more thing to cross off my list of things I've done in my life. It was fun to see a bunch of our extedned family on both sides.

Waiting for candy!
Our ward float.
The theme for the parade was 2010 Now and Then.
The theme for our float was Celebrating 100 Years of Scouting: Now and Then: Duty to God and Country
We had a bunch of scouts of all ages doing different things in a camp scene.

Just before my boxing match, mouthguard and all.
It was so fun to put on those huge gloves and throw some punches!!

No comments: