Monday, April 19, 2010

Our mini vacation

Brad was on call 24 hours a day for 6 weeks straight. Needless to say, he was ready to get out of town and have some fun once he was off. We went to St. George and it was such a blast. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Swimming in the pool was the highlight of the trip for the kids. It was 80 degrees there, so we were all in heaven! While the kids had fun swimming I went shopping at the outlets. I love that St. George has Osh Kosh B'gosh, Carter's and Gymboree outlet stores right next to each other. I had a lot of fun and found the kids some really cute outfits and super deals. I bought them all a new pair of sunglasses and they really loved those!  We stopped and ate at a diner in Moab on the way. We had a blast at Fiesta Fun riding bumper boats, racing on go karts, eating pizza and other goodies, bouncing on blowup toys and slides and just spending time together as a family. We also went and saw How To Train Your Dragon. It is one the cutest shows I have seen in long time. I was amazed at the music! It's a must see for kids and adults. We tried a new restaurant called Iggy's. If you haven't tried it yet you should. It was family friendly and delicious. We also stopped and visited with Brad's brother Mike, Tammy and baby Karli. This was a mini vacation to remember!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cat said...

How fun! glad you got to get out and spend some time! Its no fun when dad works all the time.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I don't understand how that is a mini vacation when you did all of those things! I'm so jealous! I LOVE St. George.

The Jacks said...

OOO I love the look of your blog, so cute! Thanks for all of your nice comments on mine.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Mini vacays are the best! Looked like you guys had so much fun - and we're SO jealous of the 80 degrees! We loved "How to Train Your Dragon", too! Glad you guys had a much needed getaway!

Kelly said...

Cute header! I love swimming but don't get to go enough! Now that we're up here hope to take Nicole often! Glad Brad got some time off with u guys! Looks like u had tons of fun at church rock! Such CUTE spring pictures of the kids! And u and Brad of course!! Looks like the kids had a lot of fun at their spring festival!! I remember those days:)Miss u guys. Probably won't see u near as often:( Come see us next time you're up!

Lonni said...

I love those "Mini Vacations". I think those are the best! Looks like a ton of fun. And I LOVE the new blog look!