Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Weekend Drive

A view of the LaSal Mountains from the Abajo Mountains

We have been a little under the weather with various illnesses this last week. We are finally on the mend and had such an incredibly gorgeous Spring day(finally!) so we headed for a family scenic drive. I couldn't help but feel gratitude for this stunning place we live. It contains so many different elements of outdoor beauty. People come from all over the WORLD to see what we can see almost out our backdoors. We are so blessed to enjoy the beauty we have here and the fresh air. There is so much to do in the Spring, Summer, and Fall months. Winter is long and cold, but this makes it all worth it. We are excited to get out our camper and boat soon! We headed over the mountain to a lookout named after Brad because he made it as his Eagle Project. It's officially called BJ's Lookout as named by the National Parks Council. So COOL!!! Our next stop was beautiful Foy Lake. Then we drove into Canyonlands and stopped at Newspaper Rock and enjoyed a picnic lunch. After that we headed to Bald Rock and hiked and played for a couple hours there. We shot Mr. Handsome's new Sig Sauer gun and then headed home back over the mountain. The views were breathtaking, the fresh air was just what we needed and we all want to do it again soon! 




BJ's Lookout. This gorgeous spot is only about 15 minutes from our house.




Foy Lake















We have lived here for 4 years and never stopped at Newspaper Rock as we've driven by on our way to go camping. The kids really enjoyed seeing the cool ancient drawings on the rock face.








We enjoyed our lunch beneath Newspaper rock on this cool flat rock.





Gavin doing some serious rock climbing. It's not as steep as it looks!





This was a fun spot for a picture








We had fun throwing rocks off the rock!









LOVE this photo of me and Mr. Handsome... I can't believe how gorgeous this place is.

I took this laying on the rock and it looks like my 5 year old is going off a cliff... Coolness!


I love me some relaxing on a huge rock in the Canyonlands sun!!!

Hope your weekend was fun and relaxing too!!!
Here's some inspiration for your week

5 comments:

kitty said...

Very cool. One thing I really miss about the west is a VIEW. Along with the view....a hike. I like the picture of the kids on the rocky out cropping.

How nice to have sunshine and warmer weather. School was cancelled on Friday for us because we got another ten inches of snow. It may take another several weeks before the snow all melts off and we can see our grass again! *sigh

Sandra said...

I've never heard of newspaper rock that's pretty cool. Great pics, makes me excited for Summer.

Kelly said...

fun pics!! nothing better than being outside surrounded by beauty!loved growing up there! we always did that....family scenic drives/hikes!

Lonni said...

We miss that area! How fun! Your kids are growing so fast...they are all so adorable. :)

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I didn't know that was Brad's eagle project. Way awesome. Now many can enjoy it. Also, I wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog. It means a lot.