Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a very eventful Mother's Day weekend this year. Avery had her Dance Across America National Competition at Lagoon. It is the largest dance competition in the world! Her team took 1st place in all 3 dances, Hip Hop, Lyrical and Jazz. Wow, we are so proud of her. She has worked really hard. She can now do splits and leg extensions and she is much more comfortable on the stage.
Her and I went up a day early and shopped and had fun spending time together. Brad gave me a shopping spree for Mother's Day. I was able to get the kids some clothes for Summer. I also found a bookshelf I really like and some new couch pillows at Pier One. It was so much fun to be able to spend the whole day with my little daughter. She was so cute at the mall and I could tell she just loved our Mommy and me time together. She kept saying, "Mom I'm so glad we are here without the boys!" They came for Lagoon and to see her dance. The kids had a blast on the rides and it was a weekend to remember.






I am so grateful to be a Mother in this life and to have such an amazing hard working and supportive husband. I love my life and I love my family! Sometimes it takes my breath away how blessed I truly am. The kids each made me adorable crafts and drawings. Bronson made a paper bouquet that I just love. Avery made me a card and gave me a mother/daughter necklace and Gavin made me a whole stack of adorable scribbles! He just kept bringing me paper after paper of his "drawings". I love my kids so much! I am also grateful for my own Mother who taught me so much and continues to help me and be my friend. She is truly amazing!

No comments: